Sociables

& Potent Potables

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Monday, April 19, 2010

Places to go in LA- Corriganville Park Hiking/ The Mission, Part III

So I know one thing happens after you start trying to be healthier.  You start thinking of other healthy things you could do too.  Like going hiking.  Which is not something that I "do".  I am pretty widely known as someone who hates outside.  And camping, and bugs, and sunburns, and sweating, and anything else that comes with spending time out of doors.  But whatever.  Why did I even move to LA to enjoy the nice weather if I am not going to hang out in the sun?  So we found this website that lists and rates all the hikes in our area, and we picked an easy one that sounded lovely and nearby.  Corriganville Park, located in the Simi Valley, has a Hollywood history.  It was once a part of Bob Hope's Ranch and has been used since the thirties to film movies and build western sets on.  If I'm going to be outside, goshdarnit, I'm going to bring a little glamour into it! 

We started down the trail.  I started looking around at all the plants and noticing the intense color of the sky.

We saw some lizards lounging in the sun

And then I spotted this adorable bunny looking all soft and squishable:

I was having a pretty great time. 

We stopped to have some lunch and I stared dreamily up at the trees.
Mmm, oranges!

This part of the park is called Sherwood Forest because they filmed parts of Robin Hood here:

One of my favorite film titles, Billy the Kid vs. Dracula, was filmed in this park! How exciting!

Everything was fine until we saw this crazy ass huge rattlesnake:
Luckily it wasn't interested in us.  Then I got all creeped out and thought I could feel snakes and bugs crawling on me.  I hate outside!!!

In spite of myself, we got a wild hair to climb up the side of this rock mountain to check out the ancient Native American caves that still exist here. 
Some Dbags had drawn fake ancient stick figure paintings inside.  Lame!

Just when I thought we were in the middle of nowhere, I spotted a freeway sign in the distance.  Oh LA!
All in all, I would defenitely recommend Corriganville Park for your next outing, especially if you like wildlife.  Just watch out for those rattlers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter