Sociables

& Potent Potables

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dear Jamie

I am hooked on the new show Jaime's Food Revolution.  It airs Friday nights on ABC.  At first I was just watching and making fun of the people, who seem pretty unknowledgeable about food.  But after last weeks episode, I changed my tune.  I realized that I too, am in the dark about what I am doing to my body and must change.  We have vowed to eat healthier and started today by making this tasty chicken and vegetable stir fry for dinner.


I marinated chicken in teriyaki sauce for a few hours, then cut it up and cooked it in a little olive oil with some garlic, salt and pepper.  Then I took the chicken out of the pan and let it rest.  I poured a little more teriyaki sauce in the pan and added broccolini, frozen sugar snap peas, frozen sliced red, yellow, and green bell peppers and red pepper flakes.
(Jamie points out on the show that we should be using a lot of frozen veggies, and this was a great reminder for me too.  I sometimes let myself be annoyed by the prospect of chopping up all those vegetables and go to Taco Bell instead.)
Meanwhile I was cooking rice.  Then, after the veggies were done, I added the chicken back into the dish for a minute or two.  Taste, and adjust seasonings accordingly.  Serve on top of rice.


It was soooooo good.  Even better than the fat filled meals that I usually cook! Seriously!
I just wanted to put this out there and say THANK YOU to Jamie Oliver, who is a genius. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter