Sociables

& Potent Potables

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Monday, April 05, 2010

Delicious Easter Potatoes

Finding inspiration from one of my favorite Portland design blogs, Frolic, I made this potato dish yesterday for Easter brunch, and it was a knockout. 


It's officially called "Cheese and Chive Baked Mashed Potatoes", but I think it should be called "Cheesy Potato Souffle".  This dish contains copious amounts of butter, egg yolks, milk, and olive oil, but once you fold in the whipped egg whites it becomes impossibly light and fluffy and makes you feel like you aren't consuming a thousand calories in one bite!  This is definitely becoming a staple for Easter day, or maybe any time of year.  I did change a few things about the recipe, i whipped the potatoes with a beater instead of putting them through a ricer, and I couldn't find any chives at the store, so we went without but it was still delicious.  Also, the recipe says it serves 4, but I found that it filled up an entire large pyrex pan and fed more than 9 people with plenty left over. 
Try it once, and you will become a fan too! 
(click on link below for recipe)


(recipe and photo from frolic)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter