Sociables

& Potent Potables

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Cross-Country Road Trip

Just one bit of advice:  L.A. to New Hampshire in 4 days?  I do not recommend.  5 days would be better.  That being said, we still got to see some cool stuff and it didn't kill us, so that's good. 

We left Saturday morning.  Leslie and I met between our respective homes, which just happened to be by the Disney Concert Hall.  There was, of course, a bike race going on so all the streets were closed.  Somehow we found each other and got the hell out of dodge.  We drove across California and into Arizona. 

At our many fueling stops, we spotted some local interests:



We managed to make it to Albuquerque, NM the first night. We found some delish local eats the next morning-breakfast burritos with famous New Mexico green chiles!  So hot & so good.


The place was packed with pics of John Wayne.
Pointillism at it's finest.

I'm still regretting not buying this gem.  Then it was time to head toward our next destination: through Texas to Tulsa, Oklahoma!

Leslie in Texas! Howdy Y'all!

Miles of beautiful scenery showcasing American advertising.

Lalalala. Driving, driving, driving.

More local "flavor".

We made it through the night in Oklahoma, next up was through Missouri, Illinois, Indiana and stopping that night in Ohio.  We were determined to stop in St. Louis to check out the Gateway Arch.
The Arch from the side.
I have to tell you, I was blown away!  I am usually like a jaded teenager when it comes to tourist spots but this time I was more like an old person who loves everything.  It was the most amazing piece of architecture I have ever seen.  It was soooo cool! Seriously!




Ok, enough of that!
Well, maybe one more!

One of my favorite things was seeing the beautiful sunset every night.  Serious jesus rays people!

We saw lots of roadkill.  It was pretty stomach turning.  The worst.
The next day it was through Pennsylvania, New York, and FINALLY into New Hampshire. 
It took us forever to drive through upstate New York, but it was so gorgeous that I didn't mind at all.

We got into New Hampshire so late that I couldn't see any scenery.  We were up super early the next day to film the show, so the first thing I got to see was the studios next to the beautiful river in Manchester.  Not a bad way to start out life in New England!

So far, things have been good here.  It's a total 180 from L.A. and I am kinda annoyed that I have to drive 40 miles to go to Trader Joe's and Forever 21.  But if it works out, it's worth it.  I will definitely keep you posted on all the goings on and interesting things in this area. 
XOXO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter