Sociables

& Potent Potables

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies

I made these cookies last night and they were sooo delicious & different than anything I've made before.  I am not really a ginger or molasses fan but the boy became obsessed with the photo and insisted we go to the store and buy all the expensive ingredients and spices to make them.
If I was in Portland I would have just gone to the bulk spice section at my local grocery and spent next to nothing but since I don't know where anything is in LA the closest bulk spices I know of are at the giant Whole Foods in Venice and we would have spent hours driving and tons on gas just to get there (here in LA they have Whole Foods everywhere but they are tiny and don't carry everything.  I spent an unreasonable amount of time trying to find hazelnuts the other day and finally gave up and cried in frustration).  Sooo anyway, we got all the stuff and came home and made them.  They are slightly annoying to make 'cuz you have to refrigerate them for at least two hours before you bake and then again for 20 mins after you roll them into balls, but dare I say it?, they were totally worth it.  I am a converted ginger hater!   I also used more chocolate than they called for (9 oz. instead of 7) and it was super chocolatey and delicious.  The ginger and spices add a nice little kick in your mouth and make you feel all alive and excited! They were the perfect end to our dinner of tuna bouchons, salad, and La Brea Bakery bread.  I think I will make some into ice cream sandwiches today!

P.S.  I also trended it up and sprinkled sea salt over a couple of these babies right out of the oven and it was INCREDIBLE.  You have to try it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter