Sociables

& Potent Potables

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Record Bowls

So I was trying to think of a good bday present for a friend of mine.  The only requirements were that it had to be cool and cost exactly $0.00.  Not having a job really puts a cramp in my gift giving! 
So as I was gazing around my apartment for inspiration, I remembered the record bowl I made back in the day when Readymade magazine first came out.  The mag held such promise back then, and this was the first idea/craft I took and made from it.  (Readymade has recently had a makeover and returned to the glory it once was, my dear friend Polly now writes for one of its online blogs and its fantastic!)
So I googled "readymade record bowl" and the recipe came right up.  Tomorrow I'm going thrifting to find the perfect cheap yet cool record to make a bowl from.  It's also a great coincidence that my friend loves/is obsessed with music! I think this will be the perfect gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter