Sociables

& Potent Potables

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm not complaining, but...

Definition of Rack:
An instrument of torture on which the victim's body was stretched.
or: A state of intense anguish.

I think I now understand why Nordstrom decided to name their discount store "The Rack". Y'all might not know that I just procured a job working in the women's clothing department of the downtown Nordstrom Rack. In spite of the discount on fabulous designer wear, I have decided that I don't like it very much. But don't cry for me, I will persevere, make connections, and start working in makeup before you know it. Plus, I just heard on the news that the Willamette River might overflow and the Rack is just a short two blocks from the waterfront! Might a day off, followed by days of slogging through wet clothes, be in my future? Only time will tell!

4 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

Brilliant! I hope things improve soon.

January 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, it will only be temporary! At least it is not in that dungeon across from pioneer place anymore! What department are you in, and more importantly, can you stash designer jeans away for us?

January 11, 2006  
Blogger Crystal said...

Well, I am in womens clothing (the best place for me) and of course I will stash away designer jeans. What size do you wear? They all come in European sizes. And what kind of wash are you looking for?

January 11, 2006  
Blogger ted d. said...

um are pajamas wasted on you now? ask lauren for details.

January 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter