Sociables

& Potent Potables

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Monday, December 19, 2005

The 11th Commandment: "Thou shalt not force opinions on thy consumers"


So I totally ate at In N' Out Burger all the time when I was in SoCal, and it was pretty damn tasty. Even though they don't have the option of bacon on their burgers, I learned to substitute extra sauce and I hardly missed it. But on my first visit there, I was quickly working my way through a serving of their delicious fries, and I noticed the bible verse subtly written on the bottom of the fry container. Sneaky, sneaky. What is this new trend of throwing Jesus casually into your business plan? Forever 21 does this as well, which I always found inappropriate for obvious reasons. Most of the time, I go there to buy a new top to slut it up on the town on a Friday night. Certainly not very Christlike. But all of this got me to thinking. If you are going as far as printing verses on your products, why not go all the way? I am envisioning a place called, oh I don't know, Jesus Burger? They could serve loaves of bread, fish, wine, gruel and whatever else people ate back then. Happy meals could include Jesus figurines for the boys and Ten Commandments bracelets for the girls. I think everyone, especially the southland, would really embrace this idea. We could be millionaires! Feel free to contribute ideas!

2 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

If at Jesus Burger, they let me exchange my water for wine, I might not care what they served.

December 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you were a jesus burger on a friday night i would eat you out.

April 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter