Sociables

& Potent Potables

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Monday, December 12, 2005

X-mas films for everybody!


I know most people are sick of holiday films, especially It's a Wonderful Life (I happen to adore that film, and watch it at any time of year), but I have just been obsessed with them lately, so here are a few suggestions for any scrooges out there.
1. Love, Actually.
Great movie. It usually makes me cry, even in the first few minutes of the film. Call me a softie, but if you combine christmas and the English race and throw in a little Hugh Grant dancing, I am a happy girl.
2. All That Heaven Allows.
Where can I start? Directed by Douglas Sirk, starring Rock Hudson and Jane Wyman. It was the original inspiration for the recent Todd Haynes film, Far From Heaven. This film follows a widow as she falls for her hunky gardener, in spite of opposition from her children and friends. It takes place during the fall and Christmas season and will make you feel warm all over.
3. Untamed Heart.
Don't lie, you know you love this film! It doesn't get much better than Rosie Perez and Marisa Tomei as hard luck waitresses, falling in love with the slightly retarded line cook, played by Christian Slater. Will Christian die? Will he consent to getting a new heart? Suspense and bad acting? I'm telling you, don't miss this one!
4. Best Little Whorehouse in Texas.
It doesn't get any better than Dolly Parton singing "Hard Candy Christmas". 'Nuff said.
I hope you all enjoy these films and if you have any suggestions for Christmasy non-Christmas movies, let me know!

1 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

I totally forgot about "Meet me in St. Louis", the best of the non-xmas movies!

December 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter