Sociables

& Potent Potables

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Derek was right!


Oh my god, so Derek and I went to see Brokeback Mountain today, and I can honestly say it was one of the best movies I have ever seen. Seriously, ever. It's been a long time since I have been to a movie where I have able to totally forget about the actors personal lives, what making the movie was like, the direction of the film, and all that stuff. I really lost myself in it. I cannot find any fault with this movie. The acting was perfect. The clothes, makeup, and hair from the 60's through the 70's, were perfect. The sets were perfect as well. Nothing looked too corny or overdone. I do have to warn you though, and I don't want this to deter you from going to see the film, but you will want to wear waterproof mascara and bring some tissues with you. I pretty much had a complete mental and physical breakdown in the theater, cried some more while walking home, and then also bawled again a few hours later thinking about it at home. I have never done that at a movie before, as far as I can remember. I honestly don't know if I want to watch it like 80 more times or never put myself through it again. But really, go see it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

I'm glad we could cry together.

January 02, 2006  
Blogger Crystal said...

and cry and cry...

January 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter