Sociables

& Potent Potables

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Monday, October 24, 2005

Why?


For some reason, mechanical bulls have figured large in my life lately. First after the Franz F. show, and now, in L.A. I went out with Teddi and her lovely friends last Friday, and after a heavy night of drinking and dancing, somehow ended up in downtown L.A. at the Saddle Ranch. This place was insane. Packed to the gills, ten guys to every girl, and a beautiful mechanical bull in the middle of it all. At one point in the evening, I wandered in just in time to see Teddi being thrown off. I was so happy that she did it! The highlight of the evening was definitely the signs in the bathroom. They were advertising portion control and how everyone needs to start practicing this. Can you believe that? Only in L.A.!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a feeling it's your turn on the bull, don't you think?

October 26, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is up CHICKEN!?! Have you finished with all three steps in the Wentmore pencil sharpening method? One can only hope. Just like you told me to, I went to the Dior counter to pick up the crystal eyelash enhancers (how did I go 26 years without this product?) and the sales girl talked me into some mascara as well. Then, she told me that with one more item I could get a free waxing service. I told her that I had just plucked my eyebrows and I should just pass. Then -- she told me I could get my upper lip done instead. Can you believe this?? This girl actually tried to upsell me by telling me that I should take the chance to deal with my moustache. She announced this loudly, no less. I looked at her and made some snide comment about how she wasn't perfect either and me and my upper lip hair would find our own way out. And then I said 'good day sir' and when she tried to apologize I responded with 'i said, "good day"'. Don't worry, I have dried the tears of shame. Maybe Lauren will have an opening this week to deal with my very minor facial hair issue.

October 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter