Sociables

& Potent Potables

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Um... not so much


So I was driving down I-5 the other day, and I cruised past the sight of the former Waddles restaurant. Now, I have known for some time that the Waddles is being turned into a Hooters (actually pretty perfect given the location, the ultra-trashy Jantzen Beach) but it never really hit home until I actually saw the sign:

Now I am all up in a tizzy about it. You know I HATE change, and I LOVED Waddles. Sure, you might say "I didn't see you there". My trips there were few and far between. I tried to install a mandantory New Years Day trip there for food and milkshakes, but they squashed that by deciding not to be open on New Years Day. Things I will sorely miss about Waddles:
1. The handmade mints at the cash register. They were like eating Girl Scout thin mints, but without the cookie.
2. The insane 25 cent toy machine. I firmly believe that they bought a million toys inside eggs in the 50's and just never ran out. One time, I got a clear pink plastic anorexic kitten. You could seriously count the ribs on the little guy, but his head was big and round and plump, with a huge smile that screamed "take me home and feed me, for the love of god!".
3. The milkshakes. Millions o' flavors.
4. Close proximity to Target. I always enjoy eating a huge breakfast and then wandering around discount stores.
Waddles, you will be missed.

2 Comments:

Blogger ted d. said...

I think in the future, Hooters will be today's Waddle... ok, maybe not, but Waddles had a great atmosphere and food equally bad to hooters.

March 22, 2006  
Blogger Derek said...

Sophie and I have plans to open a chain of restaurant's called DINGERS, name after the pendulous endowments of the all male staff.

April 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter