Sociables

& Potent Potables

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Monday, August 22, 2005

Shameless self promotion!

Hey ya'll! It will be my birthday soon, and I know that all of you are just scratching your heads trying to figure out what to get me, so I am making it easier for you by suggesting a few pretty little things.
1. Pretty chandelier earrings. Anything from Forever 21, or if you are feeling generous, I love that new store Sole in the Pearl. And while you are in the neighborhood, stop in at Anthropologie!
2. "Best of Everything" on DVD. Just released, this tale of young country girls in the big city will bring a tear to your eye. Big cameos include Joan Crawford as a whip wielding boss, and Robert Evans as a young casanova with a roving eye. A lovely matching present would be the original book this movie was based upon.
3. Any Caetano Veloso cd. I fell in love with his music on my recent beach vacation. As the story goes, I saw Dereks new ipod sitting on the lawn, and when I picked it up, it played me lovely music straight from heaven. Or Brazil, rather. Everyone should check this guy out.
4. A new fragrance! Recent favorites include Miss Dior Cherie, and Aqua di parma Mandorlo. They both smell really, really good. Or just a gift certificate to the Perfume House would be good, too!
5. Mac eyeshadow in Club. A lovely color, I need it to recreate the Jean Harlow look in the Aviator.
6. Pink Ipod mini. I don't actually expect anyone to get me this, but I will buy it for myself as a bday gift. I can't wait!
7. Books to read: Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes, Assasination Vacation by Sarah Vowell, or ALT, A Memoir by Andre Leon Talley.

But seriously, I just want all of you to come to my fab bday party, details will be forthcoming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter