Sociables

& Potent Potables

My Photo
Name:
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Scott visits Los Angeles!

I was so excited that Scott came to visit this last weekend! His plane landed just after midnight last Thursday, and first I had a few hours to kill between work and the airport. The Sartorialist, the first of the street style bloggers, was in town for a signing of his new book (named surprisingly, "The Sartorialist") and I really wanted to get my copy signed. First, I had to find the Beverly Center, navigate through the eight floors of a giant parking lot, and find my way to the "outside veranda". I just followed all the stylish people and ended up in a really really long line. Basically I waited for an hour and a half, part of that in a crazy loud party, to get my book signed.



It was fine, it's all just a part of getting used to how everything in Los Angeles is turned up to 11. It's quite a change from Portland where no one really cares about the same things you do and you can always get the limited edition cosmetics or whatever. It keeps me on my toes! And I learned that sequins are really really in!
Fun Fact: my absolute favorite street style blogger, Garance Dore, and Scott Schuman are dating! So cute.
Then I picked Scott up at LAX (squee!) and we went to this all nite diner in Los Feliz called Fred 62. It was really delicious, I had the french toast and Scott has what he always does, the same old eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and toast. I think it's cute, of course. We were sitting next to this guy who Scott decided was the Graham of LA, and he was trying to pick up a woman who was much older than him and named Tiffani. The pick up went sour when Graham and Tiffani started fighting about the public option for health care! At one in the morning! So funny.
On Friday we went driving around the city to look at future homes, took pics of some cool graffiti (Scott spotted one by his favorite artist Banksy), walked around on the Santa Monica pier, and learned that no bars in my lame neighborhood stay open past 10:30 on a Friday night!



Sadly I had to work on Saturday at my newish job as a salon receptionist, which I am really liking, but after we drove to Hollywood and had delish bbq at Zeke's Smokehouse. It was in this kindof "rock n roll" shopping mall that was lame, and after we saw this place called Ice Pan where they make you fresh ice cream on the spot, but I didn't want any after I read the brochure and they basically tell you their product may cause you to bring backup pants wherever you go. No Ice Pan for me!
All in all it was a really fun weekend and I can't wait for more visitors and to discover more exciting things to do here! Miss you all!

2 Comments:

Blogger polly conway said...

Backup pants?! For the reason I think?

November 05, 2009  
Blogger Crystal said...

yup!

November 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter